– What is happiness to you?
Happiness to me is when I feel purposeful, aligned with my core values and appreciative of all the amazing people and things around me.
– How did you come to your level of positivity and what did you have to overcome to achieve it?
I would say that being positive is really important to me and having a positive outlook is something that my mum, an eternal optimist definitely raised me to have. Practicing gratitude and checking in that I feel aligned with my own values in my work and home life definitely helps me to stay positive as well as learning to nurture a kinder inner voice rather than constantly criticizing myself
– How do you manage to keep up the good spirits on a daily basis being a busy mum and running a business?
I feel so lucky to have a job I love and an amazing son so when it comes to moments of busyness and chaos I can always stop, check in and remember that which helps! As i’ve got older i’ve definitely realised the power of taking a break to reinvigorate yourself with work and to maintain positivity and creativity so this is something I practice as much as possible.
– What are your “go to” foods to feel happier?
It really depends on my mood and the season but if it’s cold a warming bowl of soup always feels so comforting and it’s difficult to not be happy when you’re enjoying a sticky toffee pudding if you’re wanting a sweet treat.
– In your opinion, what’s the secret to happy motherhood?
I think knowing when to ask for help and making sure that you hold on to your sense of self really helps me to show up as the best and happiest mother I can be.